Product Description

Product Importer Deluxe is a user-friendly Product importer enabling store owners to bulk import Products, Variations, Categories, Tags, and other Product details into your WooCommerce store.

Upgrading immediately makes it possible to bulk import:

• Products – Simple, External, Variable, Variations, Simple Subscriptions and more
  • Global and per-Product Attributes
  • Featured Image and Product Gallery images
  • Categories
  • Tags
  • Brands
  • File Downloads
  • Up-sell and Cross-sells
  • Custom Product meta

New Product details are being added with each major Plugin update and regular minor Plugin updates add new import fields ready to be included in imports.

Product Importer Deluxe can merge Product changes against existing Products with live and post-import reporting. Product details assigned to Products within the CSV file are all generated at import time making setting up your next store a simple one-step import process.

To make store migrations even easier we include free licenses of our popular export Plugin Store Exporter Deluxe so you can immediately export Products from existing WooCommerce store’s ensuring import compatibility.

Native imports

We natively import Product details from many popular WordPress and WooCommerce Plugins including:

• WooCommerce Subscriptions
  • WooCommerce Multilingual (WPML)
  • WooCommerce Custom Fields
  • WooCommerce Ultimate Multi Currency Suite
  • Simple SEO Meta Tags
  • YITH Brands
  • Jigoshop SEO Deluxe
  • Ultimate SEO
  • Yoast’s WordPress SEO
  • Custom Fields
  • MP3 Player Plugin for WordPress
  • All in One SEO Pack
  • Advanced Google Product Feed
  • Related Products
  • Wholesale Pricing

Native support for additional Plugins are being added with each minor Plugin update and are available to import as soon as you update.

Screenshots

Compatibility

•  WooCommerce (up to 2.6.*)
  •  Jigoshop (up to 1.17.*)
  •  WP e-Commerce 3.7 ready (up to 3.7.8.3)
  •  WP e-Commerce 3.8 ready (up to 3.11.*)

Updates

The latest release can be downloaded from your My Account page as well as opening Dashboard > Updates from the WordPress Administration of your store.

Comments

1. Hi Greg, I may need to cook up a small Plugin to manage custom Product meta details as they’re hidden from the Add/Edit Products page and require either the WP e-Commerce Product meta function or a custom template function to be called within the template

I’ll do that later today, it’s won’t be pretty but will get the job done 🙂

2. Hi Michael

Downloaded 2.6.1 and removed the commentouts from ‘sample’ instances, but I don’t see a new field called Sample Product Meta on the Product Details page?

Therefore the data is not shown when I match it in the field matchup import phase of the process.

Do I need to modify the code for the Product Details page?

Thanks

Greg

3. Hi Greg, please download the latest release 2.6.1; you may need to download it again as there was a File Download ID mix-up this afternoon.

Within the main Plugin file you’ll notice references to ‘sample’ within, it’s very easy once you step through each comment. 🙂

4. Michael just wondering where the heads up tips for the “extra” field are in the version 2.6?

5. Hi Jaimee, I’ve added Height, Weight and Length in the latest release. I’ll update the sample CSV file shortly to reflect these new fields.

– Height
    – Height Unit
    – Width
    – Width Unit
    – Length
    – Length Unit

6. Hi again! Will you be adding support for height, width, and length soon?

Regards,

Jaimee 🙂

7. Fantastic! Thank you very much for your prompt reply! 🙂

8. Hi Jaimee, that’s correct, I’ve added to my tasks a utility to export current Product details into an Excel or CSV format so that details can be adjusted then re-imported using my ‘merge’ Product details functionality.

9. Hi,

I’ve got loads of products that I will be selling through my online store, my problem currently is that the price of the products changes every other day (exchange rate – by percentage).

If I upload all the parts initially from a file, then change the price field in the same file and upload that over the top – will it simply override the price field for each product?

I figure in this way I can use excel to mass-update the prices 🙂

Regards,

Jaimee

10. Hi J, Product Importer Deluxe handles the loading of Products into WP e-Commerce, there is no limitation on the number of sub-categories a Product is assigned to using the ‘|’ character.

I can’t confirm how WP e-Commerce handles LOADS of Products as it’s very much dependant on having LOADS of performance available to WordPress on your web server. WP e-Commerce 3.8 uses the custom Post type for Products so will be use the optimisations already available through WordPress, set up a site and give it a go until 3.8 is available.

Menu navigation is handled by WordPress, you can either have the Products Page and then navigate or using the WordPress Menu system link directly to category pages as I do on my own stores. Food for thought.

11. Hi there,

I’m really interested in this, I have about 1,000 car parts that need to be sold by specific car, although some of them will go on up to 100 cars.

In total, I have about 20,000 sub categories.

Firstly, can this software take LOADS of sub-categories?

Secondly, the biggest problem that I’ve had, is menu’s…I want the user to be able to click Ford > Mondeo > 2001 > Saloon… however, other software loads ALL the categories and sub cats, and it just crashes the browser. Does this software load one level at a time?

I really really hope this will do what I want!

12. Hi Scott, I’m on holiday for a fortnight, once I kick this cold and get back on my feet I’ll be looking to implement this; I already have the code done just need it merged and tested for a new release.

I’ve considered setting up a WordPress demo site that ‘resets’ itself every 30 minutes or the like, I’m still at odds of how to balance anonymous access through a custom User Role without opening myself up to ‘problems’ from unsavoury users.

13. Hi,

Looking for a mass import solution which supports variants. Doesnt look like you’re there yet, any idea how long before you’ll support this.

Secondly, once the product is there with variant support, is there any way of trialing the solution before I buy it? I dont want to buy it if it doesnt work for my store.

Many thanks, Scott

14. I have tried to re-download the link and re-install the importer but I am having problems getting it to download again. Can you re-send me the link. I have sent you the info from my purchase in an email. Thanks Michael.

15. Thanks Michael, I got it to start working by updating my browser, uninstalling and re-installing wp ecommerce and your importer. The list is importing as I type but appears to be working great. Thanks again!

16. Hi Matt, I forgot to look at this for 3.2.1! I’m very sorry!

I’ll look at this now as well as add WordPress SEO by Yoast support to the importer and see if I can get it out later today.

17. wpsc_pd_get_filename() is the culprit. I’m reworking this function and will get the update release prepped; 2 Plugin updates in 1 day! 🙂

Before you comment - Do you have a support request? If so, this is not the right place to post it. Please submit support requests for Premium Plugins on the Support page and in the community Support Forums for free Plugins.

Reviews

Here's a showcase of Plugin testimonials received from the Comments section which make our day. :)

1. DE Dietrich says:

Product Importer Deluxe works excellent!

2. GB Osman Ahmed says:

Hi, thanks for this amazing plugin!

3. IE Andrew says:

Thanks Michael :)

4. US DSTP says:

Hello,

I've purchased this product and it's working fantastically, a little slow importing/merging change, however this isn't an issue.

Please can you point me in the direction or provide information for adding additional import field, I've purchased a plugin called Product Price Info and would like to bulk import this information.

Thanks in Advance.

5. GB Matt says:

Hi Michael, really happy with the plugin, features & support. Thanks, Matt.

6. GB Nikki says:

Thank you Michael. :-)

7. US Joshua Wilson says:

Hello, iv been first using your plug in since it was first developed. I have 22 woocommerce stores with over 10,000 products a store. So i have a lot of importing to do. Once woocommerce came out with their own i started using theirs but its been no where as good as yours. With their plug in i can only import upto 50 products at a time and i keep getting duplicates that drive me annoying. I have to convert 1' 9MB excel file into 1,000 excel files. With your plug in i just keep importing the same excel file and it keeps importing without any doubles. Your picture placing is easier and i like your excel format. Its so much better than Woo's and i have so much to import. Thank you for your work and keep it coming :)

8. US Ryan says:

Hi Michael, Many thanks for the plugin, it's a great timesaver. Thanks, Ryan

9. GB Paul Cutcliffe says:

Excellent, thanks Michael - keep up the good work!

10. ZA kim says:

Everything working GREAT :-)
    Thanks Michael - saving me time already!

11. US Russ says:

Thanks for the quick response. It's nice to see developers have this kind of interaction.

12. US Robert says:

Holly molly!!! That is the best $95.00 I ever spend. I am still experimenting with 6 items at a time, the product importer worked great LOVE IT.

Support

Product Importer Deluxe comes with a Quick Start document (readme.txt) to help with installing the Plugin, a detailed Usage document is also maintained online. Additional support can be found from the Contact page or methods below.

Documentation

Looking for support, a copy of the readme or usage instructions? Check out our Documentation for Product Importer Deluxe and learn how to take full advantage of the Plugin.

Urgent Support

If you find yourself needing immediate support for your purchase use the Premium Support page or Live Support button.

Product Importer Deluxe Forum

If you have any problems, questions or suggestions please join the members discussion on our Product Importer Deluxe forum.

Recent Topics (141)

Plugin Updates

The latest release can be downloaded from your My Account page as well as opening Dashboard > Updates from the WordPress Administration of your store.

Roadmap

Our Trello boards keep an up to date listing of supported Product import fields as well as upcoming features as indicated on our roadmap. As the end-user you’re driving this Plugin’s future. Here's how you can help.

View and vote for features on our Trello roadmap boards.

Once you've reviewed the list of supported Product fields you can see a explained explanation of each field on the Usage page in our Documentation section.

You can also suggest features here in the Comments section.

FAQ

Supported Product fields

Please see the Trello boards listed on the Roadmap tab of this page.

Am I entitled to future Plugin updates?

You sure are, you can always download the latest release of your purchased Plugin from My Account.

What are the required product fields within the CSV to be imported?

The minimum data requirements for importing new products are:

• Product Name

The minimum data requirements for merging Product changes are:

• SKU

We recommend providing as a minimum for an operating store the following Product fields:

• SKU
  • Product Name
  • Category
  • Price
  • Quantity (for stock limited products)

What import methods are available?

• Import new Products only
  • Import new Products and merge Product changes
  • Merge Product changes only

Do you have a sample master products CSV file for Product Importer Deluxe?

Sure do, included below are a few samples as well as blank templates to buil from.

Blank CSV template with column names

Sample CSV

• Sample CSV (1.4 - Updated: 02/08/2012) - with Variations and Table Rate Prices
  • Sample CSV (1.3 - Updated: 26/04/2012) - with Wholesale Pricing, Related Products
  • Sample CSV (1.2) - with Custom Fields, All in One SEO Pack, Google Product Feed support
  • Sample CSV (1.1)
  • Sample CSV (1.0)

Can I link a Product to multiple Categories/Tags/Images, etc?

Sure can, just put a '|' (vertical pipe) character between each item, currently all of the above are supported. In a near future Plugin update multiple file downloads will also be included.

Can I declare sub-categories and establish parent-child relationships with the included Product Category Importer for WP e-Commerce?

Roger that, when declaring a child Category ensure you use place an '>' (arrow) character between the parent and child. With the release of 2.6.5 you can drill down up to 3 levels deep, for instance:

• Clothes>Men>Casual within the Category column of your CSV file will link a Product to Clothes, Men (as a sub-Category of Clothes) and Casual (as before).