This user-friendly Product importer, with clear step-by-step instructions helps you import Categories, Tags, Products and other Product details into your store. After successfully importing tens of thousands of Products across hundreds of WP e-Commerce, Jigoshop and WooCommerce stores Product Importer Deluxe has become the standard for store owners and web developers to bulk import Categories, Tags and Products into WordPress based stores.
With our importer you can merge Products changes against existing Products by choosing from the available import methods detailed on our FAQ page. Our importer generates Categories, Tags, Images and Variants assigned to Products at import time making setting up your next store a one-step process.
How does it work?
Product Importer Deluxe earns its keep by populating the Categories, Tags, Images and Product tables in your store with Products details from a formatted CSV file. Supported Product detail fields include:
- SKU *
- Product name *
- Price *
- Sale price (Special price)
- Image (with automatic thumbnail generation)
- Sort Order
- Product URL
- Product Status
- Comment Status
Type & Visibility
Categories & Tags
- Category *
- Tax Status
- Tax Class
- Manage Stock
- Quantity (Quantity limited option)
- Allow Backorders
- Custom Fields (via Custom Fields for WP e-Commerce)
- All in One SEO Pack meta details (via Store Toolkit for WP e-Commerce)
- Advanced Google Product Feed (via Lee’s Advanced Google Product Feed)
- Related Products (via Related Products for WP e-Commerce)
- Wholesale Pricing (via Wholesale Pricing for WP e-Commerce)
To enable the import options for the above 3rd party Plugins ensure the Plugin (e.g. Related Products) is activated and up to date, refer to the sample CSV’s above for examples.
* Denotes required fields for importing. Field requirements differ for merging Product changes.
Support for additional Product details are introduced through regular free Plugin updates.
The latest release can be downloaded from your My Account page.
Looking for support, a copy of the readme, Plugin updates, Ideas or usage instructions? Check out our Documentation for Product Importer Deluxe.
Am I entitled to future Plugin updates?
You sure are, you can always download the latest release of your purchased Plugin from Premium Plugin Updates.
What are the required product fields within the CSV to be imported?
The minimum data requirements for importing new products are:
- Product Name
The minimum data requirements for merging Product changes are:
We recommend providing as a minimum for an operating store the following Product fields:
- Product Name
- Quantity (for stock limited products)
What import methods are available?
- Import new Products only
- Import new Products and merge Product changes
- Merge Product changes only
Do you have a sample master products CSV file for Product Importer Deluxe?
Sure do, included below are a few samples as well as blank templates to buil from.
Blank CSV template with column names
- Blank CSV (1.0 – Updated: 26/04/2012)
- Sample CSV (1.4 – Updated: 02/08/2012) – with Variations and Table Rate Prices
- Sample CSV (1.3 – Updated: 26/04/2012) – with Wholesale Pricing, Related Products
- Sample CSV (1.2) – with Custom Fields, All in One SEO Pack, Google Product Feed support
- Sample CSV (1.1)
- Sample CSV (1.0)
Can I link a Product to multiple Categories/Tags/Images, etc?
Sure can, just put a ‘|’ (vertical pipe) character between each item, currently all of the above are supported. In a near future Plugin update multiple file downloads will also be included.
Can I declare sub-categories and establish parent-child relationships with the included Product Category Importer for WP e-Commerce?
Roger that, when declaring a child Category ensure you use place an ‘>’ (arrow) character between the parent and child. With the release of 2.6.5 you can drill down up to 3 levels deep, for instance:
- Clothes>Men>Casual within the Category column of your CSV file will link a Product to Clothes, Men (as a sub-Category of Clothes) and Casual (as before).
The support for depth will be expanded in future releases of Product Importer Deluxe.
As the end-user you’re driving this Plugin’s future. Vote for a feature enhancement and/or suggest features in the Comments section.
Product Importer Deluxe comes with a Quick Start document (readme.txt) to help with installing the Plugin. Additional support can be found from the Contact page or methods below.
If you find yourself needing immediate support for your purchase use the Premium Support page or Live Support button.
Product Importer Deluxe Forum
If you have any problems, questions or suggestions please join the members discussion on our Product Importer Deluxe forum.