By default Store Exporter Deluxe uses the ZipArchive Class for generating the OfficeOpenXML file format required by the XLS and XLSX file types. Where the ZipArchive Class is unavailable – not installed or disabled – you can override Store Exporter Deluxe to use an alternate Class called PCLZip by adding the following WordPress Filter to your WordPress Theme’s functions.php file.View Code
Hi WooCommerce store owners, the 4.0.4 Plugin update is a minor Plugin update as part of our roadmap for resolving critical Plugin issues and ensuring this Plugin can be maintained going forward. There are no security fixes in this release.
Noticable changes in this release is changes to the required state of fields at Checkout (still being ironed out with the beta WCM community) and the default size of Textarea fields has been increased.
Behind the scene there are major structural changes to the Plugin codebase with us moving functionality out of /includes/classes/main.php and into separate files within the /includes/… directory, for instance:
- admin.php for code relevant to the WordPress Administration
- checkout.php for code relevant to the WooCommerce Checkout page
- email.php for code relevant to the Order Receipt
This structural change to the Plugin codebase will make it easier for us as Plugin developers to build and maintain this Plugin while enabling you as end-users to inspect what the Plugin is doing and extend WooCommerce Checkout Manager without prior knowledge of the Plugin codebase. 🙂
Here’s the full changelog:
- Fixed: Required field message for non-required fields at Checkout
- Added: Delete WCM WordPress Options to Advanced tab
- Added: Delete WCM Orders Post meta to Advanced tab
- Added: Delete WCM Users meta to Advanced tab
- Added: Confirmation prompt to Advanced tab links
- Changed: Hide empty File uploader fields on Edit Order screen
- Added: Force show Billing fields to Switches tab
- Changed: Took out all !important CSS references
- Fixed: Line-breaks being stripped from Text Area fields
- Changed: Default rows for textarea field is 5
- Changed: Default columns for textarea field is 25
- Added: wooccm_checkout_field_texarea_rows Filter for overriding default textarea field rows
- Added: wooccm_checkout_field_texarea_columns Filter for overriding default textarea field rows
- Changed: WooCheckout screen now using template files
- Changed: Center Position label to Full-width
There’s an easter egg in Store Exporter Deluxe that only select beta testers have known about. It’s come time to share this new Product export field with the community as it’s received very positive feedback since it’s quiet introduction and will be listed as “Featured Image (Embed)” in the 2.1.2 minor Plugin update due this fortnight.
Include embedded Featured Image Product thumbnails within XLSX exports by adding the following PHP snippet to your current WordPress Theme’s functions.php file:View Code
Hi WooCommerce store owners, the 2.1.1 Plugin update is an urgent minor Plugin update that resolves a compatibility issue affecting the WordPress 4.5 automatic Plugin updater.
As this is an urgent Plugin update the scheduled features for 2.1.1 will be included in the 2.1.2 minor Plugin update within the fortnight, but pushing an urgent Plugin release doesn’t mean we haven’t included some new features (new Yoast SEO/WordPress SEO export fields) and other fixes as part of this Plugin update. 😉
Here’s the full changelog:
- Added: Export support for WooCommerce Uploads
- Fixed: skipping UTF-8 check in XML and RSS exports
- Added: Additional WordPress SEO fields for Category exports
- Added: Additional WordPress SEO fields for Tag exports
- Added: Additional WordPress SEO fields for Product exports
- Fixed: PHP compatibility issue on Archives screen (thanks Andrey)
- Fixed: Conflict with WordPress Plugin updater in WordPress 4.5
By default Store Exporter Deluxe detects if a Variable Product contains Variations with different minimum and maximum Prices (e.g. 25.00-30.00), where this happens we show the minimum and maximum Variation Price separated by a dash.
This can be overridden to only show the minimum Variation Price by adding the following PHP snippet to your current WordPress Theme’s functions.php file:View Code
Hi WooCommerce store owners, the 2.1 Plugin update is a major Plugin update with UI changes to the WooCommerce > Store Export screen and fixes affecting the Product and Order export types. We’ve added support for WooCommerce EU VAT Assistant and WooCommerce Custom Fields as well as a set of new Order and Order Items export fields.
The biggest change to the UI is the new Scheduled Exports tab within WooCommerce > Store Export, this has given us more room to show Scheduled Export column details and leave the Settings tab as the go to place for global Plugin settings.
There is a new notices that appears where we detect an incorrect /tmp path which can impact our generation of XLS, XLSX file types which includes details about the problem and how to resolve this.
Note: I’ll upload screenshots here of the new UI tomorrow morning and update the screenshots on the Plugin detail page too. 🙂
New Order fields
New Order export fields include:
- Order Shipping excl. Tax
- Order Total Tax: Tax Rates
- Order Items: Tax Rate
- Order Items: Height
- Order Items: Width
- Order Items: Length
Here’s the full changelog:
- Added: Scheduled Exports tab
- Added: Notice for open_basedir without correct tmp path
- Added: Export support for WooCommerce EU VAT Assistant (thanks Bjorn)
- Added: Order Shipping excl. Tax to Orders export (thanks Rikardo)
- Added: Order Items: Tax Rate amount to Orders export (thanks Rikardo)
- Added: Order Items: Height to Orders export (thanks Doug)
- Added: Order Items: Width to Orders export
- Added: Order Items: Length to Orders export
- Added: Order Total Tax: Tax Rates to Orders export
- Added: Product export support for WooCommerce Custom Fields
- Added: Description of Field escape formatting fields (thanks Valentin)
- Added: Default Filter Products by Product Type to include Simple, Variable and Variation Product Types
- Changed: Export tab label to Quick Export
- Changed: Moved Scheduled Exports table to Scheduled Exports tab
- Changed: Disable Execute button if Scheduled Exports is disabled
- Changed: Renamed Return to Settings to Return to Scheduled Exports
- Changed: Volume offset and Volume limit are on separate rows within Export Options (thanks Mark)
- Changed: Description for Volume offset and Volume limit (thanks Mark)
- Changed: Order field slug order_excl_tax to order_subtotal_excl_tax
- Changed: Show Recent Scheduled Exports and Scheduled Exports Dashboard widgets regardless of Enable Scheduled Exports state
- Fixed: Total rows count for CSV, TSV, XLS and XLSX
- Fixed: Total Weight includes Variation weights
- Fixed: Variation Description being overriden for default Variation Formatting in Product exports (thanks Flurin)
- Fixed: PHP warning on Gravity Forms integration (thanks Caitlin)
- Fixed: Order shipping fields defaulting to billing fields when using WooCommerce Checkout Manager (thanks Fabio)
- Fixed: Could not Filter Products by Simple and Variations without including Variables (thanks Andrey)
What’s coming up
Export templates! I mentioned it in the 2.0.9 Plugin update release notes and have spoken to loads of customers (both in-person at WooConf 2016 and via Support tickets), export templates is going to be the focus of the 2.1 series as it has huge implications for store owners.
Hi WooCommerce store owners, the 2.0.9 Plugin update is a minor Plugin update swapping out our legacy WooCommerce Subscriptions (WCS) export engine for a newer, faster model! We are now using wcs_get_subscriptions() to query Subscriptions and extending it to our suit our export needs, that means more export fields and filters and better memory management.
New Subscription fields include Subscription Status (different to Order Status), Payment Method, Shipping Method, Order Total, Order Subtotal, Recurring Total, Shipping Cost, Related Orders, Subscription Items (including Product and Variation ID’s, Product Names and individual Attribute values).
New Subscription filters include Status, Product, Customer and Source, additional filters (we’ve seriously only just scratched what we can do with Subscription filtering) will be introduced in the next minor Plugin update.
Here’s the full changelog:
- Added: Subscription Sorting
- Added: Filter Subscriptions by Customer
- Added: Filter Subscriptions by Product
- Added: Filter Subscriptions by Source
- Added: Subscription Billing and Shipping fields
- Added: Active Subscriber field to Users export
- Added: Tickets export type
- Added: Nuke Scheduled Export to Advanced options
- Added: Nuke WP-CRON Option to Advanced options
- Added: New Subscriptions export engine
- Added: Notice regarding increased memory demands with Query Monitor
- Fixed: PHP warning exporting from WooCommerce Checkout Manager
- Fixed: appearing in some price values
- Fixed: Empty Cost of Good for Variations in Product export
- Changed: Removed WooCommerce User fields from Subscriptions export type
What’s coming up
We have only just scratched what we can do with the new WooCommerce Subscriptions export engine, we can go crazy in the next minor Plugin update with additional Subscription and Subscription Item export fields, I’m looking at how we can do Order Items Formatting rules for the Subscription export type.
If you don’t see a field you need within the new Subscriptions export type drop a comment below or open a Support ticket with us.
For the 2.1 Plugin update and beyond I’ll be looking at how we can add support within the Export and Edit Scheduled Export screens for ‘export templates’, this will allow store owners to create templates of the specific fields and ordering they want for an export and link them to different exports (be that manual exports from the Export screen, within Scheduled Exports or via the CRON export engine). This will be a big feature to implement and will give store owners super-powers.
Hi WooCommerce store owners, the 2.0.8 Plugin update is a minor Plugin update that includes export support for more WooCommerce Plugins, additional security measures and better support for exporting Product Variations.
This minor Plugin update includes additional security measures to mitigate the leaking of sensitive exports, out of the box we do this by restricting the Post Status of saved exports and adding a hash to the export filename. The CRON export engine now supports IP whitelisting to limit CRON exports to allowed IP addresses only as well as limiting allowed export types. We are in discussion with the team at Plugin Vulnerabilities to explore how we can further limit the leaking of sensitive exports.
With help from Karim from terravity and Lena we’ve improved export support for the Variable Product Type when exporting Products. We now calculate the total stock of a Variable based on the quantity of child Variations and the Price of a Variable Product reflects the min/max Price spread of its child Variations (e.g. $10.00-$25.00).
- Added: Export support for WooCommerce Easy Checkout Fields Editor
- Added: Export support for WooCommerce Product Fees
- Added: Export support for WooCommerce Events
- Added: Export support for WooCommerce Product Tabs
- Added: Modules filter support on Tools screen
- Added: Custom Attributes support in Orders export
- Added: Export support for WooCommerce Custom Fields
- Added: Product Reviews export type
- Added: Review count field to Products export type
- Added: Rating count field to Products export type
- Added: Average rating field to Products export type
- Added: Support for IP whitelisting within the CRON export engine
- Added: Support for limiting allowed export types within the CRON export engine
- Added: Support for triggering Scheduled Exports via the CRON export engine
- Added: WordPress Filters during the XML/RSS export process
- Added: %random% Tag to export filename for random number generation
- Added: Notice prompt when non-private export Attachments are detected
- Added: Dismiss option to override detection of non-private export Attachments
- Added: Return to Settings button on Add Scheduled Export screen
- Added: Return to Settings button on Edit Scheduled Export screen
- Added: Filter Products by Date Modified
- Added: Quantity populates total stock quantity for Variables
- Added: Min/max Price and Sale Price for Variables (thanks terravity and Lena)
- Fixed: Exporting Custom Attribute with accents in Products export
- Fixed: Order Subtotal not excluding shipping cost
- Fixed: Cost of Goods support in Products export
- Fixed: Export of custom meta with an apostrophe in the meta name
- Fixed: Field type detection giving false positive for integers
- Fixed: Update all export Attachments to Post Status private
- Fixed: Export of Product Stock Status in Scheduled Exports
- Change: Product gallery formatting to URL by default
- Changed: Button styling of Save Custom Fields
- Changed: Translation set to woocommerce-exporter
- Changed: E-mail export method uses temporary files instead of WordPress Media
- Changed: Max unique Order Items only shown if related Order Items Formatting rule is selected
- Changed: Max unique Product Gallery images only shown if related Product Gallery formatting rule is selected
- Changed: Reduction in memory requirements for $export Global
What’s coming up?
The 2.0.9 minor Plugin release will follow shortly exclusively focusing on migrating to a new WooCommerce Subscriptions (WCS) export engine, there is a lot of demand for a competent Subscriptions exporter and we believe we can offer it to the WooCommerce community.
We’ve squeezed every resource out of the legacy WooCommerce Subscriptions export engine to get us to where we are today but it’s time to focus on WooCommerce Subscriptions 2.0+ release and future releases. For now we will maintain compatibility with legacy releases of WooCommerce Subscriptions (before WCS 2.0) but this area will receive little development as we build out the export engine to make the most of WooCommerce Subscriptions 2.0+.